Monday, February 6, 2012

Camel's milk

From our friend Julie Mathews who has done research on camel’s milk. 

She says: “As a nutritionist, I'd always been of the mindset, ‘no animal milk of any kind’ for children with autism. But after several parents approached me, adamant that camel's milk is different, that it had helped their children, and asking me to look into it, I did my own research.
Briefly, camel's milk has a different type of casein - it is not recognized by circulating IgE antibodies (studies have shown it to be safe with serious food allergies) and does not cause a problem for those with IgG sensitivities to other types of milk. Most interesting to me are the
immune protective proteins and immune support it provides, including having antibodies one-tenth the size of human, so they can penetrate into tissue such as the gut where infections lie, and is considered by camel milk researchers to be a "natural IVIG" therapy and ‘rehabilitate the immune system’."

For more information visit: http://nourishinghope.com/2011/11/camel-milk-healing-or-hype/

No comments:

Post a Comment